A traditional email attachment takes in not more than 20MB. If you get the paid version of the service, you will be able to share files up to 20GB in one go.
- You can also send files via a Link transfer. This type of transfer will only generate an email confirmation for the first completed download
- It is your own responsibility to distribute the download link to the right recipient
One of the most used file-sharing platforms, WeTransfer has made it easy to share files of almost any format. This free service allows users to share large files of almost every format. With the free service, users can share files with size up to 2GB. A traditional email attachment takes in not more than 20MB. If you get the paid version of the service, you will be able to share files up to 20GB in one go.
WeTransfer says, “As a default, you send your files via Email transfers. You and the recipient will both receive email notifications. You will receive an upload and download confirmation. This way you can make sure your recipient has received their file(s).
You can also send files via a Link transfer. This type of transfer will only generate an email confirmation for the first completed download. It is your own responsibility to distribute the download link to the right recipient(s). If you are a WeTransfer Pro user, you will be able to see the number of downloads through this link in your Transfer overview.
To switch between transfer options, click on the Share button and select the transferring option you want to use.”
Follow these steps to share a file using WeTransfer:
- Open your desired browser (Chrome/Edge). Locate where the desired file is.
- Type myrealdata.wetransfer.com one the address bar.
- Click on Add Files and locate the file that you want to upload and click open.
- Click on “Your Email”; add your email address.
- Click on “Transfer”. Your file upload will begin and you will receive an email from Wetransfer with a download link to download the file.
- Open your email and find the download link.
- Open a browser (Google Chrome).
- Copy the download link from the email and paste it in the address bar and hit enter.
- Click on “Download” to download the file.
- You can find the file which has been downloaded at the Google Chrome window. Click on “Show in folder”.
How to Use WeTransfer in 2021
WeTransfer is a popular and completely free file transfer service that allows you to send large files for both personal and collaboration purposes. For all of you wondering how to use WeTransfer — we hear you, and that is why we have produced this step-by-step guide.
WeTransfer is one of the easiest and most reliable ways to send large files via the internet. To make this process even easier and to show you how to use WeTransfer, we’ve made this step-by-step guide that will take you through the entire process, from start to finish.
- WeTransfer is an incredibly easy-to-use file transfer service that lets you send files up to 2GB on the free version and up to 20GB on its paid version, called WeTransfer Pro.
- This step-by-step guide will show you everything you need to do in order to successfully use WeTransfer.
- By following these instructions, you will learn how to send large files for free using WeTransfer.
Please note that this was done using the free service, without setting up a free account or subscribing to WeTransfer’s paid plan — WeTransfer Pro — but the process is the same either way. If you want to learn more about this cloud service, the best place to get started is by reading our WeTransfer review.
- What Is WeTransfer and How Does It Work?
- How Do I Use WeTransfer for Free?
- How Do I Send a Video on WeTransfer?
- Why Is WeTransfer Banned in India?
How to Use WeTransfer: A Step-by-Step Guide
Since it is a freemium service, you don’t need to make a WeTransfer account in order to start using it. You can both upload and send files as well as receive and download them without signing up for this cloud service. And now — on to the guide itself.
How Do I Transfer Files Using WeTransfer?
Thanks to its great interface, transferring files with WeTransfer is incredibly easy to use.
- Upload Your FileSince you don’t need to sign up, you can just go to the home page and start the transfer process. On the left-hand side of the home page, there is an option to add files. You can drag and drop your file right into the browser to upload.You can add up to 2GB of files on WeTransfer’s free version, and up to 20GB on the WeTransfer Pro.
- Enter the Recipient’s Address and Send Your FileNext, enter the recipient’s email address, your email address and an optional message. As soon as the file gets uploaded, you can send it to the addressee.
- Send a Download LinkAlternatively, you can get a download link from WeTransfer. Simply click on the three dots icon, and you’ll see the option to get a transfer link.
- Enter Your WeTransfer CodeBefore sending your files, WeTransfer first needs to verify your email address. You will receive a six-digit code via email that you need to enter. This code is active for 60 minutes. However, if you don’t manage to input it in time, you can always request a new code. Of course, if you create a WeTransfer account, you will be able to skip this step.
You’ll receive two emails after sending data through WeTransfer via the email option. The first email message includes a confirmation that your file transfer has been sent, and the second one comes when the recipient downloads the submitted file. The file(s) are available for download for seven days before being permanently deleted.
With the file link option, there are no visibility features available. However, if someone has the link, they can download and access your file — and you’ll be none the wiser. The only way out is to password-protect the file (which you can only do with WeTransfer Pro).
Downloading Files From WeTransfer
You can receive a file from WeTransfer either via email or by using a download link. In both cases, you’ll be redirected to WeTransfer’s recipient page, which sports a big “download” button. All you have to do is click that button, and you’ll begin downloading the file. There’s nothing else to do.
The file download link is active for seven days by default. However, if the user in question has a WeTransfer Pro account, they can set a custom time limit or even choose to have the files available indefinitely without being deleted.
In any case, you’ll see the file’s deletion date on the download page. WeTransfer claims that data gets deleted from the company’s servers on the file’s expiration date, and there is absolutely no way you can retrieve such files.
WeTransfer’s simplicity is undoubtedly its biggest strength. In just a few easy steps, even people who don’t have much tech experience can quickly figure out how to use it. We hope that this step-by-step guide has demonstrated just how uncomplicated it is to use WeTransfer.
Are you a WeTransfer user? How long have you been using WeTransfer? Are you happy with this file transfer service, or are you looking to switch to another service? Tell us in the comments below. As always, thank you for reading.
How to upload files to WeTransfer
In this article we explain the steps that you must follow to upload files to WeTransfer. This is very useful when you need to send us large files.
WeTransfer is free to use, doesn’t require registration and the upload is limited to a generous 2GB of files per link, If you need more space, feel free to create as many links as you need.
The files will be available of WeTransfer for 7 days, after which time they are deleted.
- Visit the website: https://wetransfer.com
- Click on the “I agree” button.
- Click on “Take me to Free” to select free version.
- Click on “Add your files” and select the files that we want to upload (can be one or more).
- Click on the configuration icon (icon with three dots) and select “Send as a link“.
- Then, click on the “Transfer” button and the files will start uploading (This process can take more or less time depending on the size of the files).
- Once you have finished uploading the files, click on the “Copy Link” button.
- And paste in the contact form on the web or email.
Sending files via WeTransfer directly from your iPad or iPhone
Sometimes we all need to send large files to other people, whether it’s a large document for work or a family photo or video to help you keep in touch with family and friends.
In this tip, we’ll show you how to send large files using wetransfer.com directly from your iPad or iPhone.
The first step is to go to wetransfer.com on your iPad or iPhone and then click on the + icon to add your files.
When you click on the + icon, you’ll be asked to choose where your files are. If they’re in your photo library, tap on Photo Library, if you want to take a new photo to send, tap on Take Photo or Video or if you want to send another file from your iPad, such as a document, tap on Browse and then find the document you want to send.
If you’re sending photos, as soon as you tap on Photo Library you can select the photo(s) that you want to send just by tapping on them, once you’ve selected your photos, tap on Done.
Once you’ve selected your photos/files, you just need to enter the recipient’s email address, your email address and a note and then tap on Transfer and your files will be sent over to the recipient.
How to send your video using WeTransfer
To send us your video, you must use a secure website called WeTransfer using the instructions outlined below. This is free to use and enables large video files to be transferred securely over the internet. Once your video has been received by the production company, Alto Films, your video content will be stored securely and confidentially as required to do so by Whittington Health.
Using a PC or SmartPhone to send your video
Go to the WeTransfer website – https://www.wetransfer.com/
Complete the details on the screen as follows:
Your video will now be sent to the production company, Alto Films.
The file will begin “Transferring” and will say “Transfer complete” when this has been done.
You will receive a confirmation email confirming that your video has been received by Alto Films.
Using an iPad or iPhone to send your video
Important note for Apple iPad or iPhone users
If you are sending us your video using an iPad or an iPhone, you will need to download the free WeTransfer iPad or iPhone App to your device.Then follow Step 2 to send your video.
Important note about sending large video files
Due to their large file size, video files can take a long time to upload and send over the internet. The time it takes will depend on your connection and broadband, 3G,4G or wifi speed. We recommend that you do this during a quiet time of the day, perhaps when your internet connection is not being shared with others, in order to complete this part of the process as quickly and easily as possible.
How to Send Large Files via Email with WeTransfer (Video Tutorial)
Sending large files to clients, contractors or even friends and family can be a huge hassle. Do you send one file at a time? Do you use a cloud storage service, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box?
I’ve used nearly every system possible, even having clients mail me a CD with photos for their website.
WeTransfer.com is, BY FAR, the most simple solution I have come across to allow clients to easily send a bunch of files to me – very rarely, does a client need to send me any files larger than 2GB.
The process of sending large files with WeTransfer
The transfer process is very simple.
- Visit WeTransfer.com
- Upload the file or files you want to send
- Enter the recipient’s email address
- Enter your email address if you want a confirmation email
- Enter a note to the recipient, if you like
- Click “Transfer”
[bctt tweet=”Sending large files via email doesn’t have to be difficult! Watch this simple tutorial video”]
The file(s) will begin to upload. Once the file has been sent, you will receive a confirmation email. In this confirmation email, you will be provided with a link to download the file(s) and an expiration date. WeTransfer files are valid for 7 days.
Lastly, you will receive a confirmation email when the recipient downloads the file(s)!
There is one thing to note with WeTransfer – The URL created for the file download is random and very difficult to guess, however, the link is a public link that anyone (who possesses the link) can use to download the file(s). If your file(s) contains sensitive information, you may be better served with another file transfer service.
How to transfer files using WeTransfer
If you have any questions about WeTransfer, please contact their support via Email and Phone.
WeTransfer is one of the most used file-sharing solutions. Along with the simplicity of usage, WeTransfer lets the users share large files of almost any format.
With the free service, you can share the files up to 2 GB over WeTransfer at a time, which is way more than the most of the traditional email attachment size. The paid version of the service permits the sharing of file up to 20 GB in one go.
For example, if you need to share QuickBooks file that exceeds the attachment size limitations of email, WeTransfer provides you a simple and quick option.
In this article, we are going to discuss how to use WeTransfer to share a file that is available on your local system.
Follow these steps to share a file using WeTransfer:
Step 1 :Open a browser on the computer where file is located.
Step 2 :Go to the address bar and type myrealdata.wetransfer.com and hit Enter
Step 3 :Click on Add Files. Locate the file that you want to upload and click open.
Step 4 :Click on “Your Email” and add your email address.
Step 5 :Click on “Transfer”. This will upload your file and you will receive an email from Wetransfer with a download link to download the file.
Step 6 :Open your email and find the download link.
Step 7 :Log in to server and open a browser (Google Chrome).
Step 8 :Copy the download link from email and paste it in the address bar and hit enter.
Step 9 :Click on “Download” to download the file.
Step 10 :Find the downloaded file at left bottom of Google Chrome window. Click on the arrow pointing to downward and click on “Show in folder”.
Step 11 :Right click file and select copy and paste it to the desired folder.
Step 12 :To upload multiple files follow the instructions below:
Step 13 :Create a folder on your computer and rename it (We renamed it to upload).
Step 14 :Copy and paste all files on this folder.
Step 15 :Locate this folder again and right click on it. Click on Sent to and select Compressed Folder.
Step 16 :This will create a zip folder.
Step 17 :You can upload this folder using the steps 1 to 11.
How do I send a transfer?
In this article, we’ll explain how to send transfers using the web browser service of WeTransfer.
The free service allows you to send up to 2GB which you can use easily! You can also sign up for a WeTransfer account – they’re 100% free, and always will be.
Our WeTransfer Pro service allows for a whopping 200GB of files and a 1TB storage with full transfer control. Click here to sign up.
To learn how to share with our awesome Collect app, you can check out this article (for sharing with boards), or this article (for sharing without boards).
We’ve made a nifty little graphic with instructions on how to send your transfer on the web browser:
Before you click the Transfer button, it is also helpful to know the difference between an Email transfer and a Link transfer. This article gives you the lowdown on which is which.