You must have often heard about Graphic Designing. But very few people know this correctly. If you are creative and have an inclination towards art, then you must know about the graphic designing field. This can prove to be a better career option for you.
So let’s know what Graphic Designing is and how you can make your future in this field.
What is Graphic Designing?
Graphic designing involves designing images, fonts, colors, and typography together, which is called graphics. Those who create these graphics are called Graphics Designer.
There are various types of softwares available in the market to create graphic design which can be used to create very attractive designs.
Graphic design is most commonly used in digital advertising, print media, film industry etc.
How to become a Graphic Designer?
To become a graphic designer, you have to focus on a few things like-
There is no fix course to become a graphic designer. You must have a minimum of 12 passes. For this you do not even have to do graduation or post graduation. You can do a diploma in Graphic Design directly after completing class 12.
To become a good designer, it is necessary to have knowledge related to Drawing, Typography and Layout only then you can become expert in this field.
In addition, it is very important to have an understanding of choosing color combination, font’s and image.
The rest depends on you, how much creativity you have to design things.
If you wish, you can do graphic design course even after graduation or post graduation. The duration of these diploma courses can be from 6 months to 3 years.
Select the area of your choice to learn graphic design-
Before learning graphic designing, you have to decide which field you want to do graphic designing, such as advertising, web development, multimedia, or animation, all these fields are considered different forms of graphic design. You should choose whichever field you are interested in.
Use of different software –
It is not necessary that every design be made with the same software, so to become a good graphic designer, you should work on different types of software.
Some basic software which is used in graphic designing are as follows –
To become a good designer, it is very important to use these software.
All these softwares are not cheap and if you are just starting it then you may have trouble using these softwares. To get started, first use some free softwares such as, Gimp, Scribus, Inkscape and Pixlr.
What are the courses in Graphic Designing?
Certificate and diploma courses are conducted in many private institutes for doing graphic designing courses. The names of these courses are-
- Diploma in Graphic Design- This is a 6 month course and you can do it even after 12.
- Certified Courses in Graphics Design- This is also a 3-6 month course and you can do it even after 12.
- Bachelor in Fine Arts- This course is four years and for this, it is necessary to have 12th pass.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Graphic Design- This is a one-year course and it is done after graduation.
- Bachelor of Design in Graphic Design ‘Bachelor of Design
- Arts in Graphic Design ‘Master of Arts’
- Graphic Design ‘Master of Design in Graphic Design’
The names of the leading institutes of India that do these courses are-
- NID (Design of National Institute), Ahmadabad
- IIT Bombay
- Pearl Academy, Delhi
- NIFT, Delhi
- MIT Institute of Design, Pune
- Amity Noida
- MAAC Delhi
- Arena Delhi NCR
Where can you find a job in designing graphic?
Nowadays graphic designing is being used everywhere, for example, looking at Facebook and YouTube, they would not have been so successful if their design was not simple and attractive.
Similarly every new company needs a Graphic designer for its branding. Which can bring their logo, website design and their thinking on screen in a professional manner.
First of all, you have to know what you like in the graphic, then you can work in that field.
There are many fields under graphic designing such as-
- Concept Artist- Concept Artist’s job is to first put the character born of his imagination on a paper, then with the help of graphic design software, turn that character into an animated character.
- Multimedia Manager- They convert computer-designed film or live animations by converting graphic design of Concept Artist into animation. Their designs are seen in web pages, TV advertisements, computer games and movies.
- Web Designer – To become a Web Designer, you should have knowledge of computer language like HTML, CSS, Java Script etc. Web Designer designs the website, builds it and works to build the website and the applications associated with it.
- User Interface Designer – Let’s work out what the look of any design will be like. He decides things like color, shape of design using designing software like Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator. .
- Art Director- They are responsible for how to show an advertisement, poster or animation to the audience. They work to convey their idea to the consumer as per the need of their client.
What is the salary of Graphic Designers?
At the initial level, a graphic designer can earn up to 20-30 thousand rupees a month and as his experience increases, his salary will also increase. A professional graphic designer’s salary can also go up to Rs 1-1.5 lakh.
Final word ::
Hope what Graphic Designing we offer? You might like the information If you like the information about what your Graphic Designing is. So do share it with your friends. Also if you need any other information related to this. So you must tell us by writing in the comment box. We will provide the answers to your questions as soon as possible.